Sarasota County Tax Collector - Barbara Ford-Coates - Exceptional Staff Exceptional Service
  • Skip the Trip. Pay taxes, renew a driver's license, and more... All Righer Here, Online!
  • Exceptional Staff Exceptional Service
  • Welcome to our new website
  • View/Pay Taxes
  • Renew Driver's License/Registration
  • Pay Hunting and Fishing
  • Address Change
  • New Residents
  • Sign up for eNotifications
cal.pngOperation Green Light
Sat., April 18th, 9am - 4pm

Pay your overdue Sarasota County traffic ticket or criminal fees & fines and save the 25% collection fee. Visit the Clerk for details.
Call, Click or Come By941.861.8300

Downtown Sarasota
   Hours: Mon-Thu 8:30-5:00, Fri 8:30-5:30
South Sarasota
   Hours: Mon-Thu 8:30-5:00, Fri 8:30-5:30
   Hours: Mon-Thu 8:30-5:00, Fri 8:30-5:30
North Port
   Hours: 2nd & 4th Wed 10:00-2:00
Military Veteran Information

April 30th Deadline to Apply to Pay 2015 Taxes by Installment

The quarterly installment plan enables a taxpayer to pay real estate taxes in four payments rather than one. In order to qualify to pay the 2015 taxes by installment, your 2014 taxes must be more than $100. The application is due April 30th. Once a property is on the installment plan, it is automatically re-enrolled each year. To take a property off the plan, do not make the first payment in June. The property will be dropped from the installment plan and the annual tax bill will be mailed in November.

Property Tax Receipts for Federal Income Tax Return
Property tax receipts are available to print from our website 24/7. Please note, if you itemize your deductions, any non-ad valorem assessments on the tax bill may not be deductible on your federal income tax return. You may want to discuss this with a tax professional.

Did You Know?

  • New residents must register their vehicle or obtain a driver's license soon after starting a job, placing kids in school or permanently relocating. Watch this clip to learn more.
  • All the information you need to update your name on your driver's license or ID card can be found at the following government websites. (Please note there are several websites that advertise changing your name for a fee; these are NOT affiliated with any government agency.)
    1. ​​Change your name at Social Security.
    2. After your updated social security card arrives, visit one of our Service Centers. You will need to bring certified court documents or a certified marriage certificate.
    3. If you are not yet Real ID compliant, you must meet additional document requirements before obtaining a new driver’s license or ID Card.